Morogoro Region is one of Tanzania's 31 administrative regions. The regional capital is the municipality of Morogoro. According to the 2012 national census, the region had a population of 2,218,492.Morogoro Region is bordered to the north by the Tanga Region, to the east by the Pwani and Lindi Regions, to the south by the Ruvuma Region and to the west by the Iringa and Dodoma Regions
SIDO – MOROGORO REGIONAL OFFICE is located at the Kihonda Industrial Area on the way to Dodoma Region, opposite Intermech Engineering Company .It saves seven districts in the region which are Morogoro Municipality,Morogoro DC,Ulanga District,Mvomero District,Gairo District,Kilombero District and Malinyi District.
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN MOROGORO REGION
- Conducive business environment.
- Abudant and un taped natural resources.
- Enough and reliable labour force
- Sizeable and captive markets
- Unique geographical location:being between the Capital City of Tanzania(Dodoma) and commercial city Dar es salaam;it create a substantial market for goods and services produced.
- Un exploited minerals reseeves
- Availability of cropd reguired for agro processing industries
- Economic Infrustructures like roads,railway,telecommunication(Cellulae networks,land based telephones,televisions,radio)
- Conducive Climate for crop production and human stay.
- Tourist Attraction:Mikumi National Park and Uluguru Mount ranges
- Waterfalls: which is reliable source of water for industrial use,power generation and other domestic uses- example Kidatu & Kihansi hydro power projects.
AREAS OF INDUSTRIES INVESTMENT IN THE REGION
- Agro Processing & Manufacturing Industries-
- -Mineral and Minerals Products which include gold,copper,rubby,spinal,graphite,quartz,green garnett,natural gas and oil.
- -Sugar Factories:for sugar production and by products such as molasses,alcohol,ethanol,electricity,organic beef and mutton-abattoirs.The region have 841,044 cattle,345,799 goats;and 121,995 sheeps.
- -Cereal Processing & Packaging:the current volume of production is as follows; Rice-941,508 tons, Maize-683,293 tons, Sorghum-17,046 tons,Oilseeds production-39,315.42 tons, Honey and Bee-wax value addition, Leather Industries, Fruits & Vegetables Industries,Textile mills:cotton production is 574.8 tons
- Tractor Assembling and Fram implements manufacturing
- Bicycle & motor cycle assembling Plants
- Pulses Processing and Packaging;the current volume of legumes production is Beans;34,804 tons,Creen gram;2474 tons,Pigeon Peas(mbaazi);22,515tons,Cows Peas(Kunde);11,232.06 ton