Nestory John Msigwa is a young man of 26 years of age is the owner of Agri Farmers and Produce Enterprises, who formerly was seen in street manufacturing lemon grass and packaging in a local way and he was the only person employed. SIDO Mbeya advised him to attend a five days training in food processing of which he attended.
SIDO SUPPORT PROVIDED
After training other advises followed that include;
- Advise in arrangement in working premise( plant layout)
- Business formalization
- Advise on packaging and labelling and to have packages of different sizes
- At present is in the process of finalizing TBS mark.
After interventions the following improvements have been achieved;
- Created five employment opportunities from one before
- Sales increased from average of tshs 120,000/- per month to 5,400,000/=
- Production increase from 30kg to 800kgs per moth
- Price per kg has increased from Tshs 4,000/ to 6,500/-
- Varieties of products has increased from one before to 4 i.e. Tea Massala , mchuzi mix spices, cardamon
- He has own barcode.